Kudos tries to make giving recognition and engaging employees as easy as possible, and our Single Sign On integration is a big part of making connecting simple. This document will discuss how to configure Kudos to work with an existing SAML-based SSO server, or any SAML-compliant service provider of your choice.
What You Need to Get Started:
- A properly configured Kudos Plus (or higher) account with Administrator privileges
- A SAML-based Identity Provider that can issue x.509 certificates
- Sign On URL (Identity Provider Endpoint)
- An engineer or administrator who is familiar with configuring an SSO server or service provider
Configuring Kudos to Use Your Existing Single Sign On:
Go to > Account > Integrations > SSO
- Enter your Sign On URL (Identity Provider Endpoint)
- Enter your x.509 certificate
- Choose a logout URL (ie. where your users go after log out). Use your Kudos URL if you are using the SharePoint Integration.
- Enter your Kudos URL (enter the subdomain only, see example below)
- Click Save.
To see an example of integrating with ADFS, please click here.
- Certificate x509 must be a ‘BEGIN CERTIFICATE’ and an 'END CERTIFICATE' with the base64 encoded blurb formatted into 64 character lines
- If you receive the error “HTTP Error 400: The size of the request headers is too long.” this site provides some troubleshooting: http://blogs.perficient.com/
microsoft/2014/03/office-365- ad-fs-authentication-fails- due-to-token-size/
Note: Unfortunately SAML SSO does not automatically function for mobile apps. This is a globally known issue that surrounds SAML SSO and is an unfortunate drawback that many organizations suffer. We are currently working on configuring our apps to function with SAML SSO. In the meantime, our recommendation for users who wish to access Kudos on their mobile devices is to use their phone’s mobile browser. Users can still add a Kudos icon to their home screen by accessing Kudos on their browser and selecting the option to “Add to Home Screen”.
If you require a SSO provider, are experiencing difficulty, or feel that your SAML service provider or server is not supported, please "submit a request" at the top of this page and one of our Kudos team members will be happy to assist you.